[LAU] Supercollider error

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Jul 14 22:33:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 03:13:01PM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:

> I'm no expert by any means, but I do recall trying SC
> some years ago and finding out it didn't support 64-bit
> systems.
>
> Is the system it works on a 32-bit and the one it doesn't
> work on a 64-bit, by any chance?

No. But it seems that having an empty ~/.sclang.cfg (or one
with everything commented out) isn't the same as having none
at all, and is enough to make things fail. As does disabling
the 'optional' Crucial and Jitlib packages. And SwingOSC (the
jre based GUI extension) fails as well.

There are lots of other very weird things, but so far I
managed to make it work more or less.

Ciao,

--
FA