[LAU] About Algorithms

Stephen Stubbs theother1510 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 17 14:17:39 UTC 2011

On 7/17/2011 6:25 AM, Dale Powell wrote:
> Agree on the whole that summing is summing is summing. Most DAWs these
> days will use floating point (either 32bit or double precision) and
> A+B=C no matter what.
In Integer math.  In floating point math, A + B = C +/- (very small
rounding error).

At one time the USA's NASA (*National Aeronautics and Space
Administration*) used Integer math to track their satellites.  I don't
know if NASA is still using Integer math or has gone to Floating Point
math for the calculations now.

Best,
Stephen.