[LAU] jack weirdness, and -verbose doesn't help

Eric Steinberg eric.steinberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 01:06:18 UTC 2011

Interesting, but it's more like 48-72 hours, and sometimes as much as 100
hours before recordings start to break.  Others (Roberto, Lieven) on this
list have mentioned integer overflow as a possible culprit, but I've been
pretty consistent in the way I've set up recording, and the time-to-break is
not consistent, i.e. it will sometimes go 4 or 5 days before breaking.  What
is consistent is that there will be many xruns and then things will break.
 I have not done hdparm on the disk used for recording, and I am not
currently using an RT kernel (although I have used the Ubuntu Studio distro,
with the same results as above).