[LAU] Petri-Foo preview release: 0.0.2

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:56:15 UTC 2011

On 18 July 2011 10:33, James Morris <jwm.art.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I see, but so it's not possible to trigger different samples with
>> different velocities? Like sample1 if velocity is 0-60 and sample2 if
>> velocity is 61-127
>>
>> that would be great to be implemented somehow :)
>

> Hi Renato,
>
> Brendan Jones has submitted a patch to the petri-foo-devel list so you
> may specify the minimum and maximum velocity values that each patch
> will respond to. This will do what you want I believe.  (He's also
> added an auto-preview feature to the sample-selector).
>
> This hopefully will link directly to the patch:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/attachment.php?list_name=petri-foo-devel&message_id=4E229F74.8040904%40gmail.com&counter=1
>
> but if not, this is the thread, scroll down:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=27793104
>

> Please let me know what you think. I will most likely add this patch.

Hi,

I've applied the diff to allow specifying a velocity range for each
patch in the bank. Additionally, you may now set negative velocity
sensing amounts to invert the meaning of velocity values (ie low
becomes high and  vice-versa).

Additionally, I've merged the so-called 'midi_cc_for_switches' branch
so that legato and portamento control via midi cc is restored (shame
about mono/poly mode but that's more complex if I understand the midi
std correctly).

Cheers,
James.