[LAU] wanted: wireless midi controller with at least one fader

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri Jul 22 15:29:10 UTC 2011

hi jeremy!

thanks for your quick reply!

On 07/22/2011 01:57 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

> Would two separate devices work out too? Like a M-Audio MidAir with a
> Behringer BCF2000? The MidAir should work ootb afaict.

very interesting product, thanks for the hint!
but without a similarly battery-powered control surface, the main
advantage is lost - if i have to deal with a mains cable, i might as
well run a midi line. and even if i found a fader box with batteries, my
client would then have to maintain two battery-powered devices, possibly
with different standby times - i don't think that's feasible, since the
lab where this gadget is going to be installed will be operated by
users, not techies. so if it's going to be wireless, it has to be fully
integrated.

if cables can't be avoided, maybe i can find some schematics for a
simple motorfader midi controller and use a simple cat5 for
bi-directional midi and power... suggestions, anyone?

best,

jörn