[LAU] [ANN] TYOQA: Qtractor 0.5.0 - The Alpha Zulu awakening!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Jul 22 16:20:41 UTC 2011

Howdy!

TYOQA (the year of qtractor automation for the clueless) is now pretty
real. I'd say it's all been my my prerogative, again and again, doing
things my own way (do I hear Frank S. singing? nope. move along...).

Is this the time to do the unthinkable? Should I tag it as beta now?
Should I? There's one single reason for not doing so and a couple of
others to make it through:

1. basically it's all the same functionality that stays put or improved
in a few spots;
2. it just feels like it! :)

Now comes the mighty corrosive one: I'll be off on vacation soon. Summer
is waiting for me. And I just hate to miss that kind of deadline. Woohoo!

Is there anything else to mention? Go ahead, make your day:

   Qtractor 0.5.0 (alpha zulu) is now released!

Release highlights:

* TYOQA! Audio/MIDI track and plugin parameter automation (NEW)
* MIDI controller catch-up behavior (NEW)
* All zooming in/out relative to views center (NEW)
* Audio gain/panning smoothing changes (FIX)

Happy summer 2 y'all!

Website:

   http://qtractor.sourceforge.net

Project page:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtractor

Downloads:

- source tarball:
   http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qtractor/qtractor-0.5.0.tar.gz

- source package (openSUSE 11.4):

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qtractor/qtractor-0.5.0-3.rncbc.suse114.src.rpm

- binary packages (openSUSE 11.4):

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qtractor/qtractor-0.5.0-3.rncbc.suse114.i586.rpm

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qtractor/qtractor-0.5.0-3.rncbc.suse114.x86_64.rpm

- from the dusty shelf: user manual (anyone?):
   http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qtractor/qtractor-0.3.0-user-manual.pdf

Weblog (upstream support):

   http://www.rncbc.org

License:

   Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.

Change-log:

- MIDI controller learn/catch-up sees the way in: MIDI controller
changes are now only effective after catching-up with their respective
program parameters, avoiding abrupt jumps and keeping a safe and
continuous behavior.
- Track/Height menu is now featured, giving access to Increase, Decrease
or Reset the current track height.
- All changes to audio gain and panning on tracks and buses are now
applied following a piece-wise linear ramp, reducing the old nasty
clicks, pops or zipper artifacts that might be awfully audible on some
situations, most specially on automation.
- All zooming in/out is now relative to either the viewport center or
current mouse cursor position if found laying inside.
- TYOQA! the underground sources have emerged:... after years in the
making, track automation, or dynamic curves as some like to call, is
finally a reality, tricky but real ;)
- Audio clip anti-glitch/ramp-smoothing effect is now slightly
independent of current buffer-size period (mitigating bug #3338113 effect).
- Once buried under the Edit menu, Clip menu has been finally promoted
to top main menu.
- Debugging stacktrace now applies to all working threads.
- Fixed muted loop playback on audio clips ending coincidentally with
the loop-turn/end point.
- Old/deprecated JACK port latency support added to audio recording
latency compensation.
- Audio clip merge/export lock-ups now untangled (fixes bug #3308998).
- LV2 extension headers update.
- Fixed configure of newer LV2 host implementation stack (LILV) when
older (SLV2) is not present.

Enjoy && Cheers!
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela