[LAU] Alan Ernest "Cal" Calvert dies at 61

allcoms allcoms at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 19:41:09 UTC 2011

Thanks for letting us know Gabriel - Will pretty much suspected as
much on this list didn't he? It is very sad news and I hear this the
day after hearing about Amy Winehouse too of course, which was also no
big surprise but was cause for notice and best wishes to their
respective friends and families.

I very much appreciate all Cal did within Yoshimi to enhance zyn and
the Linux audio ecosystem - he was a truly lovely guy with a great
sense of humour - even when he was clearly under much physical
suffering and generally not well-to-do - and always did his best to
help.

You will be much missed Cal!

Dan