[LAU] tablet as musical interface

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:36:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Atte André Jensen <atte at email.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Deep in another thread I jut learned about the WeTab
> (http://wetab.mobi/en/). This made me wonder if there are tablets out there
> that would be a viable alternative to something like the lemur
> (http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php).
>
> For instance, is there a tablet that will run pd and let me multi-touch
> interact with it? Anyone actually experimented with something along those
> lines?
>
> --
> Atte

If you are talking native X windows applications, then there is still
very limited support for multi-touch. I've been using a Lenovo s10-3T
netvertible, which, aside form needing an easier name, is a muti touch
tablet/netbook which has good linux support. It has two finger touch
support in the driver, but X11 doesn't really do much with that. That
being said, having single point touch is still quite fun and useful,
especially on a capacitive screen.

michael