[LAU] Music made with Linux: "Heavy Head"

Roberto Suarez Soto talkingxouba at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:55:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

     here's another track recorded and mixed with Linux: "Heavy Head",
instrumental guitar rock:

     http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1496559/Heavy_Head_by_Xouba.mp3

     The tech specs: used a Parker PM20 Pro guitar, a Yamaha RBX 374 bass and
Hydrogen for the drums. A Behringer V-Amp 2 to process the guitar sound.
Ardour to mix it all.

     As you'll hear, the mix is quite dirty. And that's without counting the
several misses and hiccups in my playing :-) So that's why I've posted the
Ardour project here:

     http://ubuntuone.com/p/wv6/

     It's a 256MB tar.bz2 archive of the directory project, as several people
recommended in the list (thread "Sharing of Ardour projects"). I forgot to add
the Hydrogen file in the bundle, so you can download it from here:

     http://ubuntuone.com/p/wvE/

     Why am I posting this? To see if some merciful soul with more knowledge
can do something with it. Take parts of it for your own projects, remix it,
turn it upside down, whatever. It's yours to modify and tweak without end.
Just tell me if you use it, so I can gloat over it :-)

     All this is published under a Creative Commons license. See here for more
details:

     http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

     Have fun, and thanks in advance.

--

     Roberto Suarez Soto                There's a man goin' round
                                                     Taking names