[LAU] Switching the distro

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Jun 2 11:33:32 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 01:48 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 13:19 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> Meanwhile the OpenDAW kernel
>> does work on 64bit debian systems:
>>  http://apt.64studio.com/backports/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/
>
> http://apt.64studio.com/backports/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.33.7.2-rt30-multimedia-amd64_2.6.33.7.2-rt30-multimedia-1-amd64~squeeze1_amd64.deb
>
> Startup seems to be ok, until it stops, before the login manager
> appears. On Ubuntu I build this version and the current kernel-rt
> myself, both are working, hence it's not a hardware-kernel-issue.

Well, most likely it's a hardware <> kernel*config* issue.

The OpenDAW Kernel is [currently] optimized for Intel i5/i7 +
ATI-Radeon-43xx; (specs see carillonac1.com). but there were some
success reports with nv driver.
I hazard a guess that it's stumbling over your dual graphics board
Nvidia/ATI X1250.

How does it stop? Can you get 'dmesg' output ?
Could you please send me the .config of the kernel that works for you?

OTOH we can't promise to make a new revision of 2.6.33-rt; it's likely
going to be 2.6.39 :)

Cheers!
robin