[LAU] PITA: RME HDSPe AIO

Raphaël Doursenaud rdoursenaud at free.fr
Mon Jun 6 05:55:07 UTC 2011

Le 06/06/2011 03:16, Mark Knecht a écrit :
> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> <SNIP>
>>
>> Any hints how I get this card working are welcome.
[...]
> Anyway, as this device is part of the HDSP family - I own an HDSP 9652
> - I can say that if you don't successfully run hdspconf & hdspmixer
> you'll almost certainly never produce sound. The HDSP family has a
> rather large and somewhat daunting internal audio router and without
> running the mixer and configuring it nothing is routed and sound goes
> nowhere. There is no command line way to access the router, TTBOMK and
> ONLY *MY* OPINION, but with Thomas Charbonnel long gone from Linux
> audio development I'm unsure whether anyone has the depth of knowledge
> and, frankly, interest in tackling the tasks to do anything new in
> this area.
[...]

Well, there's actually Adrian Knoth that's working on the HDSPM range
driver and mixer. I've got my RayDAT working thanks to him. I just miss
the hdspconf tool at that time. I think this is the same driver for the
AIO card as it's a PCIe based model.
Don't know if he follows this list but you can reach him at ALSA-devel.

Regards