[LAU] PITA: RME HDSPe AIO

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jun 6 10:01:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 10:16 +0100, James Morris wrote:
> On 6 June 2011 10:09, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>

> > I'm missing the information how to build alsa-tools-1.0.24.1. If it
> > can't be done by ./configure, make, make install, than IMO there should
> > be a README.txt or INSTALL.txt mention the needed commands.
>
> don't you know how to use ls?

So it's needed to compile each app separated?

        $ cd /usr/src/alsa-1.0.24
        $ wget
        ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/tools/alsa-tools-1.0.24.1.tar.bz2
        $ tar xjf alsa-tools-1.0.24.1.tar.bz2
        $ rm alsa-tools-1.0.24.1.tar.bz2
        $ ls -hAl
         alsa-driver_1.0.24-hdspe-aio_amd64.deb
         alsa-firmware_1.0.24.1-hdspe-aio_amd64.deb
         alsa-lib_1.0.24.1-hdspe-aio_amd64.deb
         alsa-tools-1.0.24.1
         alsa-utils_1.0.24.2-hdspe-aio_amd64.deb
        $ cd alsa-tools-1.0.24.1
        $ ls
        ac3dec       echomixer   gitcompile   hdsploader
        hwmixvolume  Makefile    pcxhrloader  rmedigicontrol seq
        us428control vxloader    as10k1       envy24control  hdspconf
        hdspmixer    ld10k1      mixartloader qlo10k1        sb16_csp
        sscape_ctl   usx2yloader
        $ ls hdsp*
        hdspconf:
        aclocal.m4  ChangeLog   configure.in  depcomp
        hdspconf.desktop  install-sh  Makefile.in mkinstalldirs pixmaps
        src
        AUTHORS     configure   COPYING       gitcompile  INSTALL
        Makefile.am missing     NEWS          README
        hdsploader:
        hdspmixer:

        $ cd hdsploader
        $ cat INSTALL
        You only need `configure.ac' if you want to change it or
        regenerate `configure' using a newer version of `autoconf'.
    The simplest way to compile this package is:
        1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code
        and type `./configure'
        2. Type `make' to compile the package.
        3. Optionally, type `make check'
        4. Type `make install'
        5. `make clean'.

        $ ./configure
        checking for libasound headers version >= 0.9.0... not present.
        configure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not
        found.

That's right, I tidied up the broken ALSA packages.
Ok, seems to work, then I'll install ALSA again and give it a trail.
I'll only compile the HDSPe stuff and Envy24control. Seemingly ALSA
don't need dummy packages :), so it hopefully now isn't much work
anymore ;).

Thank you :), anyway bad that it's not described how to build all apps
from the parent directory.

Cheers!

Ralf