[LAU] OT: RME HDSPe AIO (keyboard and mouse)

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Jun 6 15:52:26 UTC 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 16:33:54 Brent Busby wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2011, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > USB very often is sharing IRQs. Hm? If USB won't cause IRQ issues I
> > only need to find a flat, wired one.
>
> Yes, most motherboards almost always put the USB controller on the same
> IRQ as something else.  Then again, I've never seen one that actually
> caused problems from that.  PCI IRQ sharing can work, you just can't
> necessarily trust that XYZ card will do it right.  I've never had an IRQ
> sharing problem from on-board USB before though.

IRQ sharing between usb and closed-source-driver video cards (almost) always
cause problems. Blogs, ticket systems and boards are full of proof for this.
But then its not limited to usb+graphics, firewire+graphics sharing the
interrupt is also a happy source of problems. Again the culprit is most likely
the closed source driver...

Have fun,

Arnold