[LAU] PITA: RME HDSPe AIO

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:30:41 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>>
>>> So yes, they do good jobs, but Ubuntu Studio isn't a OOTB audio/MIDI
>>> workstation yet.
>>
>> That's funny, I've been using it as one for a while now. I must be
>> doing something wrong :-)
>
> i think that what is meant by OOTB is that if you take a machine and
> install a given distro on it, everything that ought to be and needs to
> be configured for use as an audio/MIDI workstation is already done by
> the time you login.

Actually, the only problem I had recently on Ubuntu Studio was that
after upgrading to 11.02, hdsploader was missing from the alsa-tools
package, but that was easily solved. Other than that, everything on
Ubuntu Studio has "just worked" (although of course it being, one is
always tempted to tweak and hack stuff anyway)

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com