[LAU] PITA: RME HDSPe AIO

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:33:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 07:14 -0400, Brett McCoy wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>>
>> > So yes, they do good jobs, but Ubuntu Studio isn't a OOTB audio/MIDI
>> > workstation yet.
>>
>> That's funny, I've been using it as one for a while now. I must be
>> doing something wrong :-)
>>

> Even the PREEMPT only kernels are from a repository you need to edit
> after installing Ubuntu Studio, so you are able to do professional
> recordings with the kernel-generic? Wow! What hardware are you using?

Yeah, I've not had any problems with the stock Ubuntu Studio kernels
for using Jack. Mind you, a real-time kernel is not required for using
Jack in real-time mode.

I use RME Multiface II (HDSP). It also works out of the box for me
(aside from the known issue that Ubuntu Studio 11.02 was missing
hdspmixer)

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com