[LAU] PS: [OT] Kernel 2.6.39.1

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jun 7 22:38:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Some people might be unable to hear 1ms jitter, but it's a PITA for me
> and my freakiness isn't limited to MIDI jitter or music. But I'm unable
> to draw from memory :D, although gifted for drawing and other things.

I suggest that if you're up for reading a long article, you read all of this:

   http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/04/25/110425fa_fact_bilger?currentPage=all

If you're up fo reading a shorter text, you read the last 1/3 of it,
starting after a paragraph that begins with "I joined Eagleman in
London".

If you really don't want to read ... yeah, some of the world's best
rock drummers are sensitive to 2-6msec, but of lag, not jitter, and
when playing, the best was within 10msec.

If you believe that your sense of timing is better than the guys
mentioned there, get in touch with Eno. Also, we'll start a collection
to buy you a drum kit.

--p