[LAU] [a link by Arts & Letters Daily let it become on-topic again] [OT] Kernel 2.6.39.1

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jun 8 01:58:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 20:58 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Devin Anderson <devin at charityfinders.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I suggest that if you're up for reading a long article, you read all of this:
> >>
> >>   http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/04/25/110425fa_fact_bilger?currentPage=all
> >
> > That was a fantastic article.  Thank you for posting it.
>
> you're welcome. the day i read this i felt like i had died and gone to heaven.
>
> however, i should point out that i got the link to this from a web
> site that links to stuff of (almost) this quality every day:
>
>   Arts & Letters Daily
>        http://www.aldaily.com/
>
> its an absolute treasure-trove of links to well written, deep,
> intellectual articles and reviews. just enough flow keep to up with,
> to keep coming back to, but not so much as to feel overwhelmed.
>
> and now we're way, way off topic :)

Yes and much more important than milliseconds are the links, regarding
to the view of the USA about Europe, e.g.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304906004576369572348921238.html?mod=WSJ_hp_us_mostpop_read

Fortunately I get the whole wages tax back when doing the annual
adjustment of income tax. 'They', the industrialist and their lackeys,
the politicians, cheat everybody here in Europe. Unfortunately and now
it becomes on-topic again, the RME HDSPe AIO ordered by the same German
dealer, is less expensive when ordering from England, instead of
ordering from Germany. Ok, just half-on-topic.

Gute Nacht!

Ralf