[LAU] [OT] Hydrogen and Hi-hats

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Wed Jun 8 19:02:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 01:25:54AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 00:42 +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> > Hello Ralf!
> >    Massy, like myself, is blind. :-) But it's easy to enter into the file. the
> > structure is clear enough. Thanks to the Hydrogen Team for using XML!
> >    Warm regards
> >            Julien
>

> The GUI might be less good in Braille :D. Btw. I once tested Orca screen
> reader to use a DE with eyes closed, it was terrible. Orca said what I
> did with the mouse, when it was to late, it didn't read before I clicked
> inside a pull down menu.
In general GUIs are more or less of a pain to use; but in hydrogen's
case, the question doesn't even come up, since it's a QT application,
and therefore inaccessible, because orca only works with GTK@/ATK-based
interfaces. But, as Julien pointed out, hydrogen uses a very sensible
XML-based format for its configuration and definitions, which keeps it
partly accessible.

Cheers,
S.M.