[LAU] rt kernels

Robin Gareus robin at linuxaudio.org
Thu Jun 9 13:05:24 UTC 2011

On 06/09/2011 02:01 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 12:36 +0100, James Morris wrote:
>> On 9 June 2011 12:23, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure if it's a myth or true, it's said that stroboscope effects
>>> can cause epileptic shocks even for averaged people.
>>
>> Thanks for the enlightenment... Oh no, hang on, my memory banks are
>> informing me that OFCOM has for the past ten years, obliged UK TV
>> stations to warn viewers when their programmes contain 'flashing
>> imagery'.
>
> In Germany there are no warnings regarding to photosensitive epilepsy
> and in other countries it might be less known too. I never heard that
> any 'averaged healthy' person in Germany had PSE caused by flashing
> television, even not that there was a hysteria after they send reports
> about PSE.
>
> Btw. the only artist's colours with a health label I own, are from
> England, warnings about chemical thingy that in Germany are used as food
> colouring. So in England there might be a hysteria, but not in Germany,
> those things are less known here.
>
> I really have issues with degassing of some cable jackets. There
> shouldn't be degassing for a microphone cable, even if it shouldn't be
> unhealthy, it's unpleasant and artist tend to be divas and IMO it's ok
> to expect that a cable doesn't smell, a monitor doesn't flare.
>
> I won't use a monitor at 60 Hz.
>
> -- Ralf

Ralf, What I find truly amazing: It takes you on average less that 1
email to get off-topic from the subject. Come on! Tou're one of the very
few on this list to write about personal issues or take things personally.

Individual character, personal influence and style is a nice icing on
the cake (das i-Tüpfelchen); but you do really succeed to write all your
emails in a way so that they are not about Linux-Audio but about
Ralf-Mardorf. This email is a prime example: Go and write a blog!

X11/stroboscope effects, German TV.. whatever has nothing to do with
linux-audio nor with real-time preempt kernels. - sure getting
side-tracked a bit with some off-topic emails is interesting and fun,
but this reply of yours is IMHO [yet again] one too much (and neither
interesting nor fun).

Apparently you either did not read it or it has not sunken in; so let me
again point you to http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

thanks,
robin root.

PS. Sorry if this may seem a bit rude; but it's not the first time nor
the second or third time we went down this road; so I don't feel bad
posting it to the list.

PPS. How's you qjackctl/jack setup doing?