[LAU] OT: Overvoltage protection aginst lightning for audio studios

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Fri Jun 10 17:26:23 UTC 2011

2011/6/10 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:

> IIUC houses that were build after the second world war should be
> pre-protected, but houses that are older could be without any
> pre-protection. The later a house was build, the better the
> pre-protection and without pre-protection as far as I understand, those
> devices are completely useless.

How do the safety connectors work ?
AFAICT they separate the equipment from the over-voltage source.
Supposing this happens fast enough and the separation is high-voltage save,
how should an over-voltage still be able to harm your equipment ?
I would conclude: It can't.

> 'Perhaps' next week or so, I'll do some more research.

Let's know, if you figure out.

--
E.R.