[LAU] Jack vs. Alsa, PianoTeq demo: Alsa wins!

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jun 12 20:23:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Aaron Krister Johnson
<aaron at akjmusic.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul-
> I'm not sure if what you're saying matters, since the buffer settings, etc.
> were the same between jack and alsa settings in the PianoTeq setup
> dialogs....unless I'm missing something, the /proc directory info you are
> asking me to compare with jackd settings verify that they were the same.

oops, i somehow missed this in the thread. the settings cannot be the
same because PianoTeq doesn't control the JACK settings. just run the
command i mentioned and that will let you see how ALSA gets configured
by PT and then we can compare it with the way JACK does it.

> Best,
> AKJ
> P.S. Did you get my email ever about jackctl.py? Not the one in the jack
> source tree, but my CL utility of the same name that I wrote?

yeah, its in the backlog at present. its functionality overlaps quite
a lot of other stuff.