[LAU] RME analog out of phase to ADAT connected Behringer analog out

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jun 13 02:37:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

I made a sound check, that isn't a valid test, just a test to get a
coarse impression, but it's positive that for the 'RME analog out / ADAT
out test' the signals were out of phase.

Shaking the Tree - Youssou N'Dour & Peter Gabriel
Uncompressed 16-bit PCM audio
Stereo
44100 Hz

Linux Player Totem RME HDSPe AIO analog out
compared with CD Player Pioneer PD-4700
Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO
Headphones AKG K 240 DF

sound differs after adjusting levels

Linux Ardour RME HDSPe AIO analog out
compared with CD Player Pioneer PD-4700
Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO
Headphones AKG K 240 DF

sound nearly equal after adjusting levels

Linux Ardour Terratec EWX 24/96 analog out
compared with CD Player Pioneer PD-4700
Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO
Headphones AKG K 240 DF

sound nearly equal after adjusting levels

Linux Ardour RME HDSPe AIO --> Behringer Ultragain Pro-8
compared with CD Player Pioneer PD-4700
Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO
Headphones AKG K 240 DF

sound nearly equal after adjusting levels

Linux Ardour RME HDSPe AIO --> Behringer Ultragain Pro-8
compared with Linux Ardour RME HDSPe AIO analog out
Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO
Headphones AKG K 240 DF

sound audible out of phase between RME and Behringer, what ever sync
settings I tried, while the RME always was master

This is what I would expect, but I was told that there should be no
additional latency. Is this a sync issue?

Regards,

Ralf