[LAU] Formant filters?

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon Jun 13 20:36:03 UTC 2011

Hello Harry1
   Sorry I'm replying a bit beside your question. But if you don't find nice
formant filters in LADSPA or LV2, you can always rely on Csound. They even
have a udo (user defined opcode) for that. It's easy to use. I think PureData
(PD) also has them.
   Generally speaking formant filters are just a combination of different
simple filter types. At least the way I found them. So you could always try to
combine a few resonating filters (lowpass, highpass, bandpass,...). I know
there are those in LADSPA and I'm quite confident you'd find LV2 equivalents
as well.
   Hope that helps.
   Warmly yours
             Julien