[LAU] Jack vs. Alsa, PianoTeq demo: Alsa wins!

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jun 14 12:43:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 07:30 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> i dramatically improved things on my system yesterday
> by switching from the open source nouveau driver for my nvidia card to
> the proprietary one.

I never use nouveau on my machine. I use nv instead. Some minutes ago I
installed an outdated proprietary from the debian repositories, because
it works, I might install current nvidia later.

Nouveau seems to be less good, at least on my machine rt patched kernels
sometimes didn't work. Now I'm at 2.6.39.1. Can't say anything about
this kernel, since I didn't use it to make music.

Not OT!

I guess a computer needs to be tailor-made to be reliable for
professional studios and to use it on stage.

My computer isn't tailor-made and I suspect most computers aren't
tailor-made, regarding to audio reliability.