[LAU] Problem connecting to LinuxSampler

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Sun Jun 19 11:53:48 UTC 2011

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 12:21:30 +0200 (CEST), Julien Claassen wrote
> Hello Ralf!
>    Thanks for that, here's the kernel's pty support:
> CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS=y
> # CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS is not set
>   And yes the kernel is distro supplied, it's a Debian Squeeze
> 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Tue Mar 8 21:36:00 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
>    ssh fails, it just sists there and waits.
>    As to your little program. It has been running for five minutes
> or so. It said: Got terminal at /dev/pts/0 and indeed /dev/pts/0
> exists. But since then it hasn't done anything beyond sitting there
> and showing a curso4r on the next line.

It's not supposed to do anything besides running ... ;-)
It just sits there sleeping to give you some time to inspect the situation.

>  lso tells me, that beside
> the normal libs, cwd and tty the program has opened /dev/ptmx and
> /dev/pts/0 and nothing more.

Yes, the psuedo-terminal allocation works flawless. The program gets
a pts file descriptor and the devfs/ptsfs mirrors the this file descriptor
in the /dev/pts/ tree. So that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Cheers, RalfD

--
R. Mattes -
Hochschule fuer Musik Freiburg