[LAU] jackd pure-cli troubleshooting (DreamPlug, arm ubuntu)

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sun Jun 19 21:50:30 UTC 2011

Hello Dan!
   There are a few things you could try. You can just try to jack_connect your
soundcard ports:
jack_connect system:capture_1 system:playback_1
   and the same for _2. That should give you some sound.
   Did you start an alsamixer on your box? I know you get sound from ALSA, but
I have seen a USB device which wasn't agreeable with JACK, since it couldn't
find a few things or they were sketchy at best. On that thing alsamixer didn't
work.
   Not exactly a jackmeter, but you can install ecasound and ecatools, if that
is a seperate package. Then you should do something like:
   On one console you do:
ecasound --daemon -c
   On another tty you type:
ecasignalview jack_auto,system jack_auto,system
   Then if you generate some input you should see some lines of stars moving
and probably some numbers to indicate peaks.
   When you're done quite ecasignalview by pressing q and then ecasound by q
<ENTER>.
   So much for simple analysis. If you need something more specific, please say
so and I can try to think of other good CLI tools. :-)
   Kind regards
            Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net