[LAU] [OT]: Some emails from LAU and LAD marked as spam from my ISP

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Mon Jun 20 11:26:14 UTC 2011

Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

> As per subject. This is hard to trace for me because they are put in a
> "spam" folder in the webmail interface which I hardly ever use.
>
> One of thes is e.g: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
>
> ISP says this is correctly marked as spam because it doesn't have
> "standard features routing / resolution / related to domain" (I'm
> translating this from Italian. And in a further email that they check
> "correct routing of the sender in relation to DNS domain and not only
> reverse etc." (again my translation).
>
> Any mail-admin guru have an idea about this?

Not a mail admin guru,  but it seems linuxaudio.org does not
have an SPF record. See:

    http://www.openspf.org/

It  also doesn't use DKIM:

    http://www.dkim.org/

Personally I find that DKIM is a far less reliable spam/non-spam
indicator than SPF.

> Of course it would help if they simply had an option to whitelist
> addresses ("this is not spam") or something similar which they seem not
> to have.

It would  also help  if you get the ISP to  specifically
point to which  technology they expect.

Erik