[LAU] OT: Small studio monitors, or what are you using?

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Mon Jun 20 21:30:52 UTC 2011

Hello, all,

Didn't have much time to dedicate to this until this weekend. I
auditioned Genelec 8020As, Adam A5X, and M-audio CX5. The M-audios
turned out a surprisingly good performance for monitors a few hundred
dollars cheaper than the other two. The Genelecs turned out a wonderful
performance for monitors one inch smaller, but I found them a little
harsh for my taste. So the A5Xs won. Frequency response is very good,
and stereo imaging is just superb. I'm getting to know them and am
looking forward to mixing on them.

Thanks to all who contributed suggestions, I would have liked to
audition them all, but time and my pea-brainedness made this impossible.

Cheers,
S.M.