[LAU] Text-based sound visualisation?

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Tue Jun 21 21:51:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 09:53:34PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello again!
>   Massy, I think you might find JaMin has better code for that. I
> think the code of songanalysis is very much geared towards offline
BTW, songanalysis segfaults here. Can you confirm it runs on your
Squeeze system?

> processing. Are you quite sure, that Ecasound stops updating? Or is
> it perhaps, that it only shows the peak and from there on above the
No, because the average peak level suddenly plummets to zero and
resetting the counters means that they go back to zero and remain there.

> peak? Are you a member of the Ecasound mailinglist? I can't
> remember. If not, I could repost the problem there.
I'm not, because I was trying to keep the traffic in my mailbox to a
minimum, but I probably should be. :)

Cheers,
S.M.