[LAU] Text-based sound visualisation?

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Jun 22 09:33:41 UTC 2011

Hello Fons!
   One can listen to the bands using simple bandpass filters - probably a bit
broader than the original band - to see what is going on. So I get the report
410Hz is very loud, I listen and see: Ah, it's indeed the snare. then I can
use EQ'ing on the snare, or more likely adjust it.
   What would you suggest as a good criterion to find or at least estimate such
points? Yes there are the ears and they are you starting point always. Butthey
can be fooled or not careful enough.
   Kindest regards
                Julien

--------