[LAU] Is this the band Sky? Was: Text-based sound visualisation? Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 52, Issue 32

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jun 22 21:34:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 21:08 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 09:52:15PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > I can recommend Mozart's Requiem (Philips Classic Productions 1991.
> > Note! I hate Mozart too, but I love this recording. The Academy of St.
> > Martin in the Fields and Sir Neville Marriner are geniuses.)
>
> Beh...
>
> For Mozart's Requiem there's nothing coming close to the
> version by Philippe Herreweghe, Collegium Vocale and La
> Chapelle Royale, Harmonia Mundi, 1997.
>

> Ciao,

I take you at your words, since the mastering of, at least the Philips
CD I own, isn't perfect, but the musicians and the director did a very
good job.

I really don't like Mozart, but I like this interpretation.

To be fair. If you should be right, the Philips recording I'm referring
to was recorded in 1990, perhaps the recording you mentioned was done in
1996. 6 years are a long time. Humans become better from generation to
generation, excluding mainstream chart music ;), dunno why they become
more worse from generation to generation.

Unfortunately people need to earn money to survive. IMO Nigel Kennedy is
a very gifted musician, but I never ever will buy or even listen to his
recordings, since everything I ever heard was mixed as mainstream chart
music, but his playing was very good as far as I was able to listen.

Btw. I make very simple pop music myself, I like this, but I don't like
mixes of classical music and simple pop music. Just my personal taste.

"Cobbler, stick to your trade."

Pop is ok, classic is ok, but any kind of cross over until now IMO
failed.