[LAU] Is this the band Sky? Was: Text-based sound visualisation? Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 52, Issue 32

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Jun 22 22:20:52 UTC 2011

Hello Ralf1
   The thing about tuning is also a thing about the original times of the music
and sometimes also countries of origin. You'll find most of that "drop tuning"
in baroque and probably earlier music. although I'm not sure from how long ago
they can estimate tunings. I think you will be alright with classical - as in
Beethoven, Grieg and more - recordings. I liked von Karajan a lot and still do
for my Grieg piano concert and perhaps some Beethoven. I'm not too bothered by
tunings at all, since I don't have absolute hearing. Even if I would. I think
by now I would be used to it. Musica Antiqua and the other Italian one, the
harmonic garden. they use, what they deem traditional tuning on all recordings
I've heard. I'm used to their fast tempo as well. :-)
   I had problems with the sound of the historic instruments or rebuilt
instruments of that period and the very small ensembles. But nowadays I really
like that. I mainly excuse it in 60s-70s recordings, since they had a nice
balance. Not too poppy in the mix and not too romantic in their playing. Of
course you can't generalise, but you can go by the masses. Ha! :-)
   Musically meanderingly yours
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net