[LAU] OpenOctaveMIDI 2 stable

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Jun 23 15:30:30 UTC 2011

On Thursday 21 Sivan 5771 18:02:43 rosea grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There was that announcement of
>
> 'We're just putting the finishing touches to OOM2, and will release
> shortly, as a tarball for general use.
>
> http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7043
>
> But then the only response on questions about when the release will
> really happens they stay rather vague with answers like 'soon' or 'join
> IRC we might able to help you with that'.
>
> Does anyone uses oomidi 2 and / or can tell us what to expect really
> when it comes to an stable release or not and if yes, when?

Gitting it right now! Looks quite exciting.

My last windows software was Home Studio, Sonar's little cousin with much more
bang for the buck. The Win98 version dispensed with the console view--no big
loss since a mouse is no engineer's 10 fingers. When i-Pad screens can be used
for such programs, this will change. OOM has drawn automation like Home Studio
as well as a console view. Looking forward to giving this a try.

Let's get this straight, windows has two big programs, Sonar and Cubase and
some smaller opensource and other competition. Count the linux choices!