[LAU] Kernel 2.6.39

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jun 23 19:45:34 UTC 2011

Message: 12
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:17:22 +0300
From: David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il>
Subject: Re: [LAU] Kernel 2.6.39
To: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org

> This is what I get from a plain Debian kernel:
>
> david at dovidhalevi:~$ grep PREEMPT /boot/config-2.6.39-1-686-pae
> # CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU is not set
> CONFIG_PREEMPT_NOTIFIERS=y
> # CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
> CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY=y
> # CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set
> david at dovidhalevi:~$ grep IRQ_FORCE /boot/config-2.6.39-1-686-pae
> CONFIG_IRQ_FORCED_THREADING=y
>
> Probably not enough.

Correct, if you run uname -a you'll see that there's no PREEMPT for the
output. I'm using Debian testing + a little bit of Debian stable, but
build the 2.6.39 myself by using the config of a self build
2.6.33.9-rt31.
Members of this list explained the reason why the default Debian kernel
isn't PREEMPT-rt-emulating.
If needed I can send you a script to build the kernel.