[LAU] Creative Labs SoundBlaster 16 PCI sequencer problems

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Jun 24 14:36:58 UTC 2011

Scott Webster Wood wrote:
> # aplaymidi -l
> 16:0    Ensoniq AudioPCI                ES1371

This is the card's external MIDI port; to actually use it, you'd have
to connect a gameport/MIDI adapter and some MIDI device.

> I was hoping that since it had a hardware-based wavetable

It has not; the Windows driver has a software synthesizer.

Only the cards with the Emu10k1 chip (any "Live!" model except "24bit"
and "7.1", and some Audigys) have a hardware synthesizer.

Regards,
Clemens