[LAU] LV2 synths for Ardour 3?

allcoms allcoms at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:33:09 UTC 2011

Hi Leigh!

> 4) Select Plugins/Calf Monosynth/Cutoff. An automation lane should appear
> below your track

Ah yes, quite embarrassed am I! Thats how it should work in theory yes
but I've not had any luck just yet. I've tried automating monosynth
cutoff as you have under both with A3 alpha5 under natty with the calf
plugins from the repos and using A3 alpha8 with the calf plugins that
come with AV Linux 5 (which should be very recent git versions I'd
imagine although I'm not able to check right now) and in both cases
the sound altered slightly as soon as the first bit of MIDI CC data
was encountered but then- nothing ie no dynamic adjustment of cutoff
via auto curves occured.

I wrote to the Big Bull (That's Kryz - CALF head cow) a few months ago
asking about this and he said MIDI CC control wasn't supported. I
don't think he's had a proper go with A3 yet but I'm surprised he
didn't mention I should be able to control it the way you are. Maybe
my calf version isn't bleeding edge enough although I can't see much
having changed since AV Linux 5 got release a couple of weeks ago. Has
anyone else successfully automated monosynth or calf organ controls
under A3?