[LAU] wicked drum fills with Hydrogen

pshirkey at boosthardware.com pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Jun 28 09:28:34 UTC 2011

> ----- "Ken Restivo" <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
>> Depends on what you mean by "wicked, but I did this in Hydrogen,
>> played it for a drummer, and he laughed, and said, "That's ridiculous!
>> No human drummer would ever play that!"
>>
>> http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/73/0/tongue-funk-0.3.1.ogg
>
> Why? what is the reason? technically impossible (like playing five notes
> at
> the same time)? too fast? Some metal/punk drummers throw more content per
> unit of time. In the "extreme" genres it's quite common.

I agree. I know drummers who can play like that.

BTW Ken, Nice live sound considering it was sequenced. I like the feel of
that track. Reminds me of being in a bar with  a killer band just getting
underway. Speaks of good things to come. I hope you do more in that
direction. Would be a nice progression from your syncopated ouvre.

Cheers

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost HArdware Ltd