[LAU] Blacklisting undesired audio devices

R.Wolff musicwolf at web.de
Wed Jun 29 07:41:29 UTC 2011

On 28.06.2011 22:43, wrote Jeremy Jongepier:

> On 06/28/2011 10:37 PM, R.Wolff wrote:
>> Hi Jeremy and Jouni,
>> thanks for clarifying this for me. It was an idea because first I had
>> problems with random numbering of the devices, which makes working with
>> JACK a pain, specially if you named your connections acc. to your
>> connected devices. So I tried the older:
>>
>> option snd-hda-intel index=0
>> option snd-ice1712 =index1
>>

> Hello Raphael,
>
> You're aware that you can also use the ALSA designation of the devices with
> JACK? You can address your Delta as 'hw:M1010LT' and your onboard card as
> 'hw:SB'. No need to index anything.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

Jeremy, yes I've read about it but haven't got my head around it just yet.
Would I have to put it in the '.jackdrc'? Or can I enter this directly into the
qjackcontrol
I/O fields? That would be neat.

Paul Davis:
 > and not just in JACK - in any software that allows the user to provide
 > an ALSA device name.

Thank you Paul.

Clemens Ladish:
 > options snd slots=snd-hda-intel,snd-ice1712,snd-usb-audio,snd-usb-audio
 >
 > # 0x046d: Logitech
 > # 0x0582: Roland
 > # 0x1397: Behringer
 > options snd-usb-audio vid=0x1397,0x0582,0x046d enable=1,1,0 index=2,3
 >
 > options snd-hda-intel enable=1,0
 >

 > The snd-hda-intel entry relies on PCI devices always being probed in
 > the same order; this might not be true in future kernels.
 >

 > Regards,
 > Clemens

Hi Clemens, this would be placed in the alsa-base.conf if understand it right?
I'll have a go at it. I just thought of making things leaner, less messy, that's why
I wanted to blacklist them in the first place.

Again, many thanks to you all,

Raphael ;)