[LAU] Petri-Foo preview release: 0.0.2

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 16:41:10 UTC 2011

On 30 June 2011 09:26, Renato <rennabh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:54:36 +0100
> James Morris <jwm.art.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello hello,
>>
>> The second official source code release Petri-Foo is now available.
>
> Hello, two little questions, does it support jack_session and is it
> possible to create layers like in hydrogen (wasn't ever able to do it
> but I think I read somewhere there was some sort of hackish way
> around it) - because for the rest I find it superior to hydrogen as a
> sampler

Hi Renato,

Thanks for the interest. Yes, it does support jack_session, but has
not received extensive testing by users yet (or there's no problems to
report!).

Petri-Foo does not support layers within a patch, but does support
multiple patches in a bank. Each patch is independent from any other
patch and there's no sharing or any other form of communication
between patches. You can set a number of patches to receive MIDI data
on the same channel as a hackish way around layering.

Samples sharing the same patch has entered my mind as something for
the future of Petri-Foo but I'm unsure about how it could/would/should
work yet.

Cheers,
James.