[LAU] Lightweight, small-screen-real-estate sequencer?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Mar 1 08:53:30 UTC 2011

Ken Restivo wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 06:44:18PM -0800, Steiny wrote:
>> no way, man- he NEEDS LTC so he can drive that Ampex open-reel VTR
>> in the corner....now get off my lawn!

>>> You say "nothing you don't [need]", then mention video sync, a
>>> feature I bet he doesn't need. ;)
>

> Heh. Actually, I went back home to Rosegarden.
>
> It's crashy as hell, but probably because I'm running an ancient
> (*ahem* Debian Lemmy *ahem*) version.

Hmm, I run RG 1.7.0 (1.7.2 is the last of the 1.7.x line) on Debian
Lenny, doesn't crash at all. But I don't have an ambitious studio or
synth setup like you have.

> I should try to find or make a backport of a more recent version.
> Anyway, it runs fine if I stay the hell away from JACK-RACK on this
> box, just run my synths, enough to get some basic compositioning
> done, which is really what I wanted.

RG 10.10 is in Sid. RG 11.x is the newest release. No more KDE
dependencies, does depend on QT4, tho.

I just put Aptosid 2011-01 on my desktop machine. Installed the version
with XFCE UI, then added on my preferred audio programs. Works quite
well for the little fooling around I did with it just to make sure
things were working.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com