[LAU] "Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

Burkhard Wölfel versuchsanstalt at gmx.de
Tue Mar 1 22:30:46 UTC 2011

Am 28.02.2011 um 19:22 schrieb Mark Knecht:

> I wonder how we could evangelize Linux Audio more effectively  to the
> outside world?

- A robust and unified way to save and restore jack sessions,
- a version control system that would efficiently handle binary audio
data (or more of #4 in my list)
- mailing lists to go along with the vcs
- a whoooole loooootta baaaaandwidth
- a growing scene of recording artists collaborating online, with an
openness that only free software can provide.

I actually think some of these ideas may come true one day.

But please take my answer not too seriously. I am obsessed by this
dream since too long ago and simply could not resist to once again
crow about it in a discussion it doesn't fit into.

Cock-a-doodle-doo,

- Burkhard