[LAU] "Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 23:32:31 UTC 2011

On 3/2/11, S C Rigler wrote:

>>> I was thinking the same thing until I started having flashbacks to the
>>> days
>>> of the browser wars when every web site said "Made for Netscape".
>>
>> "Made for" is something different than "made with" ;)
>
> I know...the only one that came to mind was "Made with FrontPage"...
>
> Maybe somebody could invest the time and money into a "Linux Only" record
> label.

A flashback for that one is "For programmers by programmers" :)

People have been hearing about "Linux on desktop" since forever. This
is simply not interesting. The best OS is the one you don't notice.
Just don't mention Linux at all, give a little more accent on content
rather than tools and it might get you further than you expect.

Didn't you ever have this weird feeling of meeting a fellow musician
who's on Linux too, when you suddenly realize you talk about tools,
setups, bloody kernels and suchlike and somehow actual music is never
mentioned? It's a trap :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org