[LAU] Bagpipe sound synthesis

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:18:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Yvonnick Noel <yvonnick.noel at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would any of you know of a good way to synthesize a bagpipe sound? I suppose
> there might be some bagpipe samples but would be interested in approaching
> the sound synthetically.
>
> I once made an attempt on my Roland D50 (yes, years ago...) but found it
> quite difficult to get but just a convincing result.

Well, here's an amazing amount of info on the sonic theory and tuning
behind the Highland Pipes:

http://www.hotpipes.com/tuning.html

So maybe that's a start to thinking about the synthesis...

I prefer to use a controller (like ePipes or Akai wind controller)
against samples otherwise it just doesn't sound realistic.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com