[LAU] Two QjackCtl questions: JACK autostart and shutdown

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Mar 3 22:56:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 11:19:16PM +0100, Dominic Sacré wrote:

> Hmm, ok... But I don't really care about QjackCtl being minimized, all I
> want is for my laptop to power down. How does QjackCtl prevent the
> system from shutting down anyway? If it weren't for QjackCtl, I wouldn't
> even know that an application has the power to do this.

Clicking the 'close' icon will make the WM send a WM_DELETE_WINDOW
message. The application's reaction should be to close down, not
to minimise itself. Qjackctl's way to handle this seems to be
wrong. Window managers normally provide another icon and/or a
shortcut for minimise, and they normally don't even require the
app's support to perform this action.

Ciao,

--
FA