[LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:09:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:30:09 +0300
Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/4/11, Renato wrote:
>
> > Jack doesn't work out of the box on Ubuntu?
>
> You missed the whole "RT kernel in 10.10" story? :)

yes, I did. Last Ubuntu I used was 9.04, and actually at that time
didn't use any RT kernel...

> > For me Ubuntu worked well for Audio except for one thing: keeping
> > up to date. Many linux audio apps are changing fast
>
> It's not just audio apps evolving fast. It's also maintainers living
> in the past. I had to wait for OpenEXR update two or three years after
> a major new version was out. And even now apt-cache search luxblend
> returns zero results. This is why folks like KXStudio and autostatic
> are our true and only saviours :)

ahh yeah, now I remember why it was so painful, not only compiling, but
first go looking if there was some PPA with the .deb, then adding it to
synaptic etc. I really got tired of it

why, if I understand correctly, are you using Ubuntu?

cheers
renato