[LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Mar 5 06:06:09 UTC 2011

Thomas Vecchione wrote:

>     I'm sorry, but saying that time spent reading a book or whatever is
>     money because in that time you could have made money is really twisted
>     reasoning IMHO. You could just as well say time is muffins (it's
>     allmost dinner time here ;))
>

> Actually believe it or not, time spent reading a book etc. IS money.
>  Funny you should use that example as I just got emailed a book
> suggestion off list by someone participating in this conversation, my
> specific response?
>
> "I will have to read the book, but it may be a while as I am literally
> taking vacation from my full time work at the moment to catch up on my
> freelance work." (Paraphrase)
>
> Time IS Money.  The time it would take me to read that book is quite
> literally an investment for me, and right now I need to invest that time
> into making money rather than spending it due to an upcoming financial
> situation I see in my near future.

Learning ANYTHING is an investment. It's up to you to decide what you
want to learn. If you don't want to learn something new, then stick with
your previous way of doing it so you don't have to learn anything new,
and quit complaining that something new doesn't work the same way you're
used to.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com