[LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 18:54:24 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:

> So what you are saying is that we will never be able to do it :)

Oh come on, you should know me at least well enough to know I don't believe
that and certainly didn't say it:)

> I heartily disagree. Tweaking OS to get things done comes *before* you
> start meddling with Ardour and isn't required all the time.

The problem is that most of the time it is.

> That makes
> it possible to just write an Appendix that will cover several
> distributions, while bloody well focusing on Ardour. So what's the
> problem?

In that case you are writing a manual for Ardour, so wanna join the work
already in progress that you just wrote about?;)

Of course the appendixes would require constant maintenence and would be
exceedinly numerous as there are numerous distributions used in pro audio on
Linux.  That, I think but am not certain, is why the FLOSS manual covered
Ubuntu to a limited degree and left it there.  Trying to cover all of them
is quite challenging and requires much more time than they had.

Of course that being said just triyng to cover all of what Ardour can do is
challenging in itself, trust me:)

   Seablade