[LAU] Can't use HPET by JACK2 under kxstudio (probably, it is ubuntu problem too).

Mike Cookson cook60020tmp at mail.ru
Tue Mar 8 06:57:21 UTC 2011

On attempt to use device (or even just try 'cat /dev/hpet'), it is said, that device is busy. But jack has such option :/
I'm using kernel 2.6.33-rt. I can guess, that under rt kernel i should not use HPET directly, because it is used by system,
and so, may be referred via 'system'. But even if that, such way could bring some violations comparing to direct HPET usage.

May be indeed, HPET should be used directly only on non-rt systems?..

Btw, how i specified it: i have jack2 and ladish. Clock is specified via ladiconf. Clock parameter type is integer; yesterday nedko showed me a patch for jack, fixing this problem, where i saw order of variants in enumeration (hpet variant is '2').