[LAU] Troubles with ffado + jack

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:31:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:52 PM, jhd 23 <jhd00023 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The software channel in Mandriva is urpmi =) but i have installed de last
> version avaliable 1.9.5. Now Im trying to compile and install 1.9.5

I don't think the that svn should be nessisary.. perhaps the error lies
somewhere else...

The the extrange thing is that in alsa, the master output has a speaker
> picture...
> The problem is that jack doesn't leave me connect any progrma with the
> audiofire output.
> When I work with alsa and the internal sound card, all is working well.

Keep in mind that ALSA has nothing to do with your AudioFire. FFADO (the
firewire device driver) is the communication between JACK and your
AudioFire.

With your internal sound card ALSA is the communication between JACK and
your (internal) soundcard. ALSA does not support the AudioFire (or any
Firewire device).

I think Jack2 has released Jack 1.9.6 for a long time... 1.9.5 is quite
old.. Maybe do upgrade to 1.9.6!

Message just in that you've solved it. Ill post this to list anyway :-)
Cheers, -Harry