[LAU] Linux Audio Monthly Round-Up #7 - February 2011

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Tue Mar 8 14:51:32 UTC 2011

----- "Q" <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> Linux, and Linux audio, users are a diverse group and not all of us
> subscribe to the "everything should be totally free for anyone to do
> anything they like with it" thinking and it can be a bit alienating to
> be treated as if it were a homogeneous group.

It's his choice. Just respect it. (I'm sure you do.)

> Also, you could end up overlooking a lot of good music by not using
> full
> copyrighted works. Wouldn't quality or interest (however you
> personally
> judge those) be better criteria for inclusion?

The idea of free sharing needs more light than it has.
I personally think it's a good idea to promote free culture.
Don't you think copyright holders have enough space to express
themselves?

Don't take it personally. Just ideas I throw. Let me go back to work.
:-)

Regards and respect,
Cédric.